Wednesday, March 11, 2009

BitBus

What is BitBus?

BitBus is a generalized information pump, designed to work similar to an enterprise service bus, but implemented on a personal/household level.


BitBus News


  • 11-Mar-2009 - BitBus has been in development for a couple months, but this is the start of this page. The system is capable of getting information from the system itself, from a date/time schedule, and from web pages and RSS feeds. It can create outputs to a database, email, and to a secondary (LCD) display.

  • 14-Apr-2009 - After getting a basic framework functional, I realized that I've painted myself into a corner. By creating discrete input and output classes, I've isolated data lines that should be shareable (for example, a serial port to a LCD display could easily be both input [i.e. button press] and output [display]). A refactoring plan is in place and coding has started. I still have the source control save point if I later realize I've simply lost my mind.


Back to Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment